Friday, January 16, 2015

Rainbow Angled Frames...third finish

This top has been hanging around since the beginning of last year when I posted the Angled Frames tutorial on Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along.
 I gave the top to my pal Pat to practice with her new long-arm machine...just have fun Pat!
I do believe she did and I love the all over large stipple...sort of like a jigsaw puzzle!! 
 It was also my first attempt at machine stitching the binding on the back then turning it on to the front and doing the same thing!  What a brilliant idea...thanks Lynz
 Now if this was a special quilt for someone I love then hand stitching would be in order but since this was one of seven tops I made for the tutorial I gave it a whirl!  It think this will be the perfect picnic blanket for me and hubby...when it finally gets warm!!

If you are interested in making your own Angled Frames the tutorial button is there on the right AND you can visit ORBC Quilt Along where there are and always will be free tutorials for your sewing pleasure!:)
Now I need to get working on this little bag o'pleasures!
~d

3 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous fabric in that one. I still have to finish mine, hopefully soon. I'm going to do fewer swaps this year to try to finish all the wip's I have. I hope you're having a great year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Loads of really gorgeous fabrics in here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely soft colors!! I too just machine bound a quilt for the first time! It looks like yours turned out beautifully, along with the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete