Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Bright Finish!!

One thing you can always say about Kaffe fabrics....they are bright!
(Gotta do something about the edges around the veggie garden)
There was a 1/2 yard piece of awesome fish in my stash and bits and bobs of a few others.
Cut into differents size strips boldly framing the fish made a great top.
 I even  had a few yards of something for the backing.  Added a little strip of Grunge to make it just big enough.  My pal Pat practiced with her new long arm. I really like what she did!:)
Some bright perle cotton hand stitching follows the wonky edges of the border.
 Fish too.
 Now if only I had a wall to hang it on.  For now it's helping keep the chill out of the house!
Second finish of the second quarter!  Of course all I had to do was the hand quilting and binding!
Now the edges look better...thank heavens for peonies and lamb's ear!!
~d

3 comments:

  1. love how you quilted round the fish with the perles! You are right, nice and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool! I love the vibrancy of Kaffe fabrics - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors of this quilt - I wish bright colors didn't intimidate me do buy!!

    Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete